PRIMARY SCHOOL STAFF
DATE OF BIRTH: 28 July
- HED Foundation Phase (Cape Town Teacher’s College)
- HED Pre-Primary (UNISA)
- Management Diploma (UNISA)
CURRENTLY TEACHING: Grade R – 3 (Foundation Phase)
- Life Skills
I have two grown up children who have both Matriculated at SWPS. I am passionate about teaching in different and creative ways. I believe that life is about constantly learning and growing. I feel proud of what we have been able to accomplish in our school and believe all children need to feel safe, nurtured and valued.
Life is about learning and laughing and loving. I love the work I do and feel privileged to be in a job where I am one of the first people to “paint on the slate” of a child’s educational path. The look of delight on a child’s face when they are achieving and enjoying their learning is a constant inspiration. I also believe in being a balanced person and enjoy Creative Arts, reading, the outdoors and mountain biking.
RAFFIE VAN WYK
DATE OF BIRTH :
CURRENTLY TEACHING: Grade 4 & 5 (Intermediate Phase)
- BScDiet (Bachelor of Science in Dietetics)
- Currently studying HOD (Unisa), will be complete in June 2013
I started my career off as a dietician and changed careers at a very late stage of my life.
I found I have a passion for teaching. In my private time I paint, read and love doing any creative.
CHANTAL LENFERNA DE LA MOTTE
CURRENT POSITION: Grade 2 Intern Teacher
- Be responsible for the teaching of Grade 2′s regarding Reading, Writing, Maths, Afrikaans.
- Life Skills for the Grade 3′s.
- Assist with supervision when learners are outside and being transported to Play Ball, Soccer/ swimming.
- Assist with tidiness of class and general administration of class.
- Assist with concerts or any other school function or meeting.
- Be responsible for regular testing and assessing of learners during the term
- Assist with report writing of the learners in Grade 2.
I am a mother of two girls and happily married. I enjoy creative activities, the adventure of discovering new things through learning, nature, reading and walks on the beach.
I believe in helping each child fulfil their potential and be all that they can be.